Anyone can learn how to play poker. As long as you have the desire and ability to question what your opponents are holding. Or more importantly, are you questioning your own actions and thinking? Then you are on the road to playing professional poker. It doesn’t matter if you just play loosely and for fun or if you play seriously for a living.
Like many other things in life, the ability to learn something new and refine it into a successful and lucrative endeavor is very important. However, this is probably the most important of all. Poker takes a completely different turn when money is involved.
I have worked with people in all walks of life for many years. Some I knew, and some I have never met. But what I have found is that, there is one thing more than any other that separates those that like to play poker and those that don’t like to play poker.
You will find that some people will never learn, because they have never played poker. And some people, the moment they tell me they never play poker, will change their style of play dramatically within a matter of a few days.
There are also a lot of books available, telling you a great deal about the game. But if you want to get a real education, I recommend the DVD entitled “Secrets of No Limit Hold ’em Poker.” This DVD, although designed for the serious poker player, is very entertaining and is also very cheap. It also contains many hours of video and audio, representing hours of material to read and watch. But, when you are done watching, it also contains a lot of great material you may have never seen or read about poker.
Of course, many books appeal to different types of readers. Some will appeal to the people who don’t like to read. Others will appeal to people who enjoy just reading. But no matter what your taste in reading, there is now a lot of great information available on the Internet. Just like reading a book, you can enjoy reading a book. And you can find many affordable books, written by experts, on the Internet.
But if you want a treat, what are the top 5 ways you can play MPO777?
- Hold ’em. It’s the leader in the market and still gaining ground. The first and foremost, and most obvious reason to hold ’em is that it’s the starting point for all of poker. Almost all of the best players have gotten their start in hold ’em. You don’t have to play for a lot of money to have fun, so it’s easier to learn slow. Hold ’em is the place to start.
- NL Hold ’em is still lots of fun. It’s an easy game to learn and very popular. Second most popular is Omaha. It’s still very popular in the UK and parts of Europe, but pockets are very hard to find. Omaha is more of a challenge because you have to get a better hand than what you starting out with.
- Pot Limit Omaha is very popular. It’s still a very aggressive game, but it’s a lot of fun to play. It becomes harder to bluff and there are a lot of risks/rewards involved. Play pot limit Omaha and you’ll start to feel the pressure.
- There are a lot of satellites to the World Series of Poker available. If you win a satellite, youQualifying Tournaments. You then go to the next level, and you can win your seat for a World Series of Poker methodology, which runs for several weeks and requires different buy-in’s for each level. There are a lot of ways to win your way into the World Series of Poker this way.
- You can also win your way into several tournaments without ever having to pay a fee, called satellites. Just about every professional poker website satellites all the time to some event such as the WSOP, WPT, EPT or other massive poker event. You can win your way in, and then win your way out, very easily provided you qualify for the right event!
Now you are know what Poker is, and where to play. All there is left is to learn how to win. Spend a little time reading books, studying, practicing and you will be on your way!